Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Decorated ZX Spectrum computer

Unofficially titled "Zilung"
9 1/8" x 5 1/4" x  1 1/4"
Computer, spray paint, color pencil, sharpie, gold ink pen.

Working on a series of drawings done on three-dimensional objects, especially electronics that still retain their functionality.  This one is a European 1982 computer that may or may not work that I got for about a dollar.  I like the way it came out but I don't consider it portfolio material, as the pencil didn't take as well as I would have liked it, and my poor handwriting hurts the professionalism.  Nonetheless, I like it and fully intend to restore it if it isn't working.
More pictures below.



1 comment:

  1. My jaw like literally hit my desk. This looks AMAZING! I hope you get it working. It's too beautiful to not work. This is just so cool! The gold paint letters are a really nice touch.

    Also, apparently, when I was stalking you on-line from a silent distance, I faved this site before. I'm feeling like a creeper.

    ReplyDelete